Tips for Effective Role-Model To Your Child
If you want your child to learn it, you have to be it. Children are biologically wired to follow the example of their parent. Your words and your authority as a parent are not enough to teach your children how to live.
It has to start with you. If you have to be it to teach it, then self-work is one of the most important practices you can do as a parent. Just show them the way.
Tips for Effective Role-Model To Your Child:
- Include your children in family discussions, and use these as ways to show them how people can get along with others and work together.
- Practice what you preach. Children notice when you don’t.
- Work towards a healthy lifestyle by eating well and exercising regularly.
- Avoid making negative comments about your body – and other people’s too. Not only will you be healthier, but you will send an important message about body image and acceptance.
- Show that you enjoy education and learning. If you make it seem interesting and enjoyable rather than a chore, you child is more likely to have a positive attitude toward school.
- Keep a positive attitude in your life – think, act, and talk in an optimistic way.
- Take responsibility for yourself by admitting your own mistakes and talking about how you can correct them. Do not blame everything that goes wrong on other people or circumstances.
- Use problem-solving skills to deal with challenges or conflicts in a calm and productive way. Getting upset or angry when a problem comes up teaches your child to respond in the same way.
- Show kindness and respect to others in your words and your actions.
Coach Benjamin Mizrahi. Educator. Learning Specialist. Family Coach. Father. Husband.
More articles on Mr Mizrahi's Blog - Benjamin Mizrahi